Cookies are nothing new; as website visitors, we have many cookies on our computers, tablets, and smartphones from various websites. Every website must ensure a possibility of review of the cookies it uses and clearly determines the purpose of their use, as well as the cookies’ expiry period.
What cookies are
Cookies are small text files that are stored by websites in the device the user is using to access the website. These files are intended to identify individual devices on every website visit. The storing of cookies is under total control of the browser used by the user. In this way, the user can limit or disable cookie storage as desired; by doing so, the user may lose some of the functionality of the website.
Why are cookies needed?
Some examples of cookies we use:
- for a better user experience when using our website, the display language of the website is saved;
- for a better user experience when using our website, we customize the display of the website according to past visits;
- on parts of the website, which require you to sign-in, we automatically sign you in upon visiting the website by using cookies;
- for the purpose of identifying your device (computer, tablet, smartphones), which allows us to adapt the display of content to your device;
- monitoring visits to the website, which allows us to check the content display performance and constantly improve the website.
As a website user, you have the right and option to determine whether you will allow the storage of cookies or not at any time. Cookie-related settings can be reviewed and changed in your browser. If you choose to disable cookies, some usage options of the website will be disabled.
To browse the internet without leaving traces, we use the functionality “New Incognito Window”, which can be enabled by pressing “Ctrl + Shift + N”.
To browse the internet without leaving a trace, we use the functionality “Private browsing”, which can be enabled by pressing “Ctrl + Shift + P” or in the menu “Tools” by launching the “Enable private browsing” command.
Edge allows traceless web browsing by using the “InPrivate” functionality. This functionality can be enabled by pressing “Ctrl + Shift + P” or in the “Tools” menu by launching the “InPrivate browsing” command.
Which cookies does the Procurean website use?
|Cookie name||Cookie purpose/What it’s for||Expiry period||Company|
|pll_language||Last choice of website language||1 year||Procurean|
|cookieOK||Verifying the user’s cookie confirmation||2 years||Procurean|
|_utma||Website views statistic||2 years||Google Analytics|
|_utmb||Website views statistic||30 minutes||Google Analytics|
|_utmc||Website views statistic||until the browser is closed||Google Analytics|
|_utmz||Website views statistic||6 months||Google Analytics|
|_hotjar||Website views statistic||2 years||Hotjar|